Slipped Disc patients usually suggested to do an exercise than just resting. “Qigong” is one of recommended exercise for slipped disc. This exercise is to control physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
Moderate “Qigong” which focuses on breathing and body posture is very effective for back pain relief. It also teaches your mind to concentrate. Besides, with this kind of slipped disc exercise, it will hold back your spine and push back the slipped disc to its normal place.
Other than releasing the back pain, “Qigong” exercise also giving you peacefulness and tranquility of the soul and mind. It also can be used as a spiritual development. According to Chinese physician, if you always practicing this “Qigong” exercise, it will prolong your life.
In addition of doing “Qigong” exercises, patients can also do other slipped disc exercise to release the back pain. For those that not having serious spinal problem, they can start on a gentle stretching and strengthening routine such as:
Exercise for Preventing the Back Pain
A. Diagonal Crunches
- Lie on your back.
- Put your hands behind your head.
- Then, bring both your knees to your chest and cross your feet at the ankles.
- Move your right elbow to your left knee as much as you can while raising your trunk and exhale slowly.
- After a few second, slowly lower your trunk.
- Repeat step 4 and step 5 with your left elbow and right knee.
- Rotate the step 10 times.
This exercise will help you strengthen your abdominal muscles and tighten your tummy because many types of back pain can be prevented by strong abdominal muscles.
B. Curling Against the Wall
- Stand up straight with your backs against the wall.
- Make sure your feet are approximately 6 inches away from the wall.
- Then, bend your knees and drop your head and shoulders to the wall.
- Pull in your stomach and roll up one vertebra at a time against the wall slowly.
- Do this step about a few second.
The purpose of this exercise is to align your body correctly and also to improve your standing posture so that your back pains will not recur.
Exercise for Back Pain Relief
A. Abdominal Contractions
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees.
- Put your hands below your ribs.
- Then, tighten your tummy muscles so that the ribs are squeezed toward the back.(don't hold your breath)
- You must keep your muscles contracted for about 5 seconds.
- Release your muscles.
- Repeat step 4 until step 6 for about 10 times.
This exercise will gently stretch your back muscles.